This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, The Salt Sirens earns from qualifying purchases.
Feeling inspired to go freediving? These freediving quotes and saying capture the essence of diving on just one breath. Some are specific to the sport, while others simply fit the spirit of freediving.
4. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Unknown
5. “From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man only has to sink beneath the surface and he is free.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
6. “The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
7. “The world’s finest wilderness lies beneath the waves.” – Wyland
8. “Every time I slip into the ocean, it’s like going home.” – Sylvia Earle
9. “Under the surface, everything stops.” – Unknown
10. “I am surrounded by blue split by rays of sunlight dappling between plankton particles… I become weightless, suspended as if I were floating in space. Tension leaves my muscles. After this, my body becomes negatively buoyant and freefalls towards the ocean floor. It feels like I’m flying.” –Chantae Reden,It’s Hard to Hate Your Body When You’re Diving 100 Feet Without Oxygen, VICE
11. “Humans are the only creatures with the ability to dive deep in the sea, fly high in the sky, send instant messages around the globe, reflect on the past, assess the present and imagine the future.” – Sylvia Earle
12. “Freediving is about silence…the silence that comes from within.” – Jacques Mayol
13. “When nothing goes right, go down.” – Unknown
14. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” – Rumi
15. “I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depth yet a great fear of shallow living.” – Anais Nin
16. “There is no place for fear, panic, or mistakes.” – Johanna Norblad
What freediving quotes and sayings should we add to the list?